Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I know...I know...

I know...I can't believe that I haven't had a chance to update my blog! I know a lot of have called and emailed me personally, and if I haven't had a chance to respond yet, please know it's not intentional.

Our lives completely changed on Friday, July18th, around 3:15pm. I can't even begin to tell you all that went through our minds and hearts as we waited for the doorbell to ring and meet our daughter for the first time. Emotions galore! Oh my...she was a sight to behold. So absolutely beautiful and perfect and I was instantly in love with this sweet little girl. She clung to the arms of her sweet foster mom and we gradually introduced her to things in our house. She wasn't too sure about us at first, but it didn't take long for her to warm up and her little personal shine through. She instantly bonded with Michael, which was so sweet for me to see.

You never know how you're going to react, how you're going to feel, what to expect, etc. Everything changed for us in one moment!

Maggie's foster mom was an answer to our prayers. She and her husband were believers, they have loved and cared for Maggie and were truly sad to see her go. She slowly slipped out, while Michael occupied Maggie with some toys...and that's when our journey took a whole new direction....loving a sweet little innocent girl....who we now knew as our daughter.....

....up next....our first night as Momma & Daddy

3 Had Something To Say:

Rusty and Jennifer said...

I am SO thrilled for you guys!
She is SUCH a cutie!

Anonymous said...

Court you are embarking onto the best part of your Journey. Enjoy every minute. Your family will continue to be in my prayers. I miss you and love you......

Shell

p.s. - Mommy was thrilled to hear the news and wishes the best for you too. :)

Cody and Shana said...

I'm so excited for you, what a blessing God has given you guys. I can't even image what it might be like to finally have her home and to be called mommy and daddy. Dreams and prayers have come true for you. I look forward to hearing more and more about your new little girl.