Friday, July 11, 2008

Can we hear an AMEN?!

I know so many of you are just dying to know what happened yesterday in our meeting. It was a very long day ~ I didn't go to bed until 2:30 this morning. It's a very long story and a good one...and I can't wait to share it with you. I promise to give a more detailed blog entry soon but hopefully this small update will do for now :)

Michael & I will be bringing our 17 month old daughter, Maggie Joy, home within the next 2 weeks. Praise the Lord!!!! Can we hear an AMEN?!

Thank you all so much for your prayers and encouragement as we have traveled this journey. We ask that you continue to pray for us, and for Maggie as we start on building our family. Please be praying for the attachment and bonding between me, Michael and Maggie. Pray for protection for her, for her to feel the love, security and safety that she has never felt or experienced.

Sorry to keep this short...but I wanted to get the word out. I promise to update more.
And for those that know me REALLY well....yes, I've already got my TO DO lists started :)

p.s. Just a side note....we won't be posting any pictures of Maggie on the blog, until the adoption is finalized for a few reasons...but we'll be more than happy to continue to share our journey here!

With much love and joy,
Momma & Daddy,
formerly known as Courtney & Michael


7 Had Something To Say:

Kelly said...

i already replied to your email, of course... but may i just leave an AMEN!! here, too? ;)

Rusty and Jennifer said...

Praise the Lord! I am so excited for you!
I also responded to your email, but needed to give you an "AMEN" here!
I am praying for God to work out all the details!

the bakks said...

Well that's just the most exciting thing I've heard all day!!!

Yeah! Amen Amen Amen!

Jenny said...

AMEN, again and again and again!! Thanks again Court for sharing this journey with us so that we can rejoice with you. Much, much love--Jenny

Jocelyn said...

Oh my heart is fluttering. I am SO happy for you guys. I don't even know what else to say but... WOW... Congratulations and praise the Lord. We will be waiting for more news and praying for you guys in the mean time.

Cody and Shana said...

That is so awesome, Praise God! I can't wait to hear more, I'll keep on lifting yall up in prayer.

the schilps said...

what a gift, courtney. i agree completely - AMEN!
abbe