Monday, January 26, 2009

My daughter

Dear Sweet Maggie Joy,

Happy Birthday to you! You are 2 years old today. I can't believe that you are already 2 years old.

When you came home to be with me & Daddy, you were so tiny...you snuggled perfectly in our laps and we loved every minute of it. You didn't say too many words but your smile filled the room. Now, 6 months later, you are suddenly a big girl. Everytime I look at you, I think...where did my baby go? You no longer fit in my lap, but you still snuggle just the same. You weigh 27.5 pounds and you are 34 inches tall. Your doctor says that you're petite ~ in the 25% for your age. But you seem so big to me and Daddy!

You are talking so much and trying really hard to say more each day. You love puppies, duckies, Dora, Ming-Ming (The Wonder Pets), goldfish crackers (which you call duckies), go-gurts (you won't eat yogurt out of anything but a tube). You love to hum with me when I rock you to sleep. You love to read your books, play with your babydolls, cook in your kitchen, draw on your magna-doodle, put on everyone's shoes, and you especially like your bathtime. You are really into walking everywhere now (which is great for momma's back!) and definitely Miss Independent. You love to sit up on the kitchen counters when I'm in the kitchen, either cleaning or cooking. You are always into everything :)

You are very sweet, giving lots of kisses and hugs but you are also very sensitive and have your feelings hurt easily. Daddy & I hate it when you are sad or when you cry, but we are glad that we can be there to give you the hugs and kisses when you need them.

You are now sleeping in your big girl bed. It was hard for Momma to take you out of your crib because it really meant that you were no longer a baby. You didn't like it the first night but I am so proud of you! You have done a great job sleeping in your big girl bed.

Sweet baby ~ We want you to know just how much we love you, and so thankful that Jesus allowed us to be your Momma & Daddy. We prayed for you for so long and Jesus has blessed us more than we ever thought possible.

Two years ago today, you weren't born from Momma's tummy...you were born in our hearts...and we have loved you every day of your life. Momma & Daddy love you so much, sweet Maggie Joy. We pray that the Lord Jesus will protect you and keep you, and that you will always know how much you are wanted and loved.

Neither flesh of my flesh
Nor bone of my bone
But still, miraculously, my own
Never forget for a single minute
You didn't grow under my heart
But in it!

Always & Forever,
Momma & Daddy



2 Had Something To Say:

Jocelyn said...

so fun to hear about all that maggie is doing. your love for her is so beautifully expressed. she's one blessed girlie to have you two, and i know you feel that way about having her in your life. happy birthday maggie joy1

Jenny said...

Happy (late) birthday to your adorable Maggie! What a blessing all the way around. Love you, Jen