Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Success!

I checked in on Maggie @ 10:30 and to my sweet surprise, my baby was sound asleep IN HER BIG BED :) YEA! I came back into our bedroom, raisin' my hands and saying "alright...oh yeah...she's sleeping in her bed!" I was relieved.

I got up about 3am to use the bathroom, so of course, like all Momma's, I went in to check on her. I really didn't expect her to be in the bed. I was once again surprised! She was still sleeping in her bed.

6am check ~ getting ready to leave for the office, one last check. Do you know that my sweet girl was still sleeping in her bed?! I couldn't have been more proud! Now, she was hanging off the side of the bed, arm dangling, resting her body up against the guard rail...but hey...she was still in that bed!

Phone call from Michael @ 8am: "Hey Babe, guess who woke me up this morning?" I'm thinking that it was either 1) someone calling on the house phone or 2) Maggie woke up earlier than normal and was making plenty of noise heard through the monitor. He said "yeah, it was Maggie. I heard her say "Daddy" so I got up to get her, only to find her standing right next to me." That's right folks...my sweet child apparently worked on that door enough and got it opened ~ even with the childproof knob cover on it. I would like to think that maybe, just maybe, Momma didn't close the door all the way this morning and that's the only way her sweet innocent child was able to get out...yep...that's what I'm thinking...and for now, that's the story I will stick to :)

Here's to a good naptime this afternoon and an even better night tonight!

0 Had Something To Say: