Saturday, January 24, 2009

The blogging world...

....is just absolutely wonderful! Seriously! I am a major blog stalker (c'mon....admit it..you all are!) but every now and then you connect with a one or two fellow bloggers and you just feel that you are instant buddies!

That's how it's been with Erica. We met in the blog world on May 9th (yes, I have spent the past 15+ minutes trying to find my first post on her blog!) through our mutual friend, Jenni. I think Erica posted a comment on Jenni's blog and that's how I happened upon her blog (or something like that). I've known Jenni since she was in high school and Jenni & Erica became friends through the blog world as well (they had mutual friends) Anyhoo....it only took 8 1/2 months, but we finally met face to face today for lunch at my favorite sandwich shop, Schilleci's Deli. We commented on each others blogs, emailed each other and have talked many times on the phone, but we hadn't met each other.

It was great! It was just so neat to be able to sit down with another sister, who is walking the journey that we started 24 months ago. Erica & Colin just got licensed this past week with their agency to be foster-to-adopt parents. I know how excited they are!

The Lord calls us to be encouragers to each other, to stand in the gap for others and to pray with one another...and that's what our friendship has been about.

Hebrews 10: 23-25 says: "Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching."

I feel so blessed to be a part of Erica & Colin's journey to building their family. We can't wait to see how the Lord shows you your miracle!


2 Had Something To Say:

Jenny said...

How fun Court!!!! I am sure you were a major encouragement to her and how great to meet a blogging bud. Jen

Rusty and Jennifer said...

I am so glad that you two were finally able to meet face to face!
I know what an encouragement you have been to Erica through this time. Thanks for being there for her and sharing your life!