Saturday, August 02, 2008

Quiet in the house...

It's Saturday morning and everyone is asleep in the house...but me :) Daddy is napping on the couch, Maggie is sleeping in her stroller (her naptime choice of late) and Chopper is resting at her feet. Very cute indeed.

I never intended to be blogging just once a week, and on Saturdays, but that's the way it's rolling right now.

Life right now is... Wonderful. Hard. Joyful. Tiring. Stressful. Peaceful. Happy....and so many more emotions.

When you're pregnant, you have 9 months to build up to the birth of your child. You don't have that opportunity with adoption. You also have 18 months to work up to an 18 month old....I didn't get that. So, BOOM! One morning I go to work as a wife, and that afternoon, I become a mother! It's so surreal.

As the 2nd week of Maggie being home comes to an end, everything is falling into place, and it feels as if she's been with us forever. She has already changed so much. You can see how happy and content she is here. She feels safe. She feels loved. She gives kisses and hugs. She loves sitting on the couch with her Daddy and laying in the bed with Momma. She loves to play with all her many toys, puzzles, books, shoes, magnets...pretty much anything she can get her hands on!

Michael & I have prayed for Maggie for many years. The Lord has blessed us immensely. We often worried if we'd be able to love a child that was not biologically our own, but we knew that the Lord would give us the love...and give it He did! I can't imagine loving anyone anymore than I already do love Maggie Joy. Everyday I love her more. God is good!

I hear someone stirring....I better get back to drying my hair :)

Much love to all of you out there!

0 Had Something To Say: