Friday, December 19, 2008

Maaaaa-ggeeeeee

We went to see Santa before the PPT meeting on Wednesday...and I have to say that I was quite pleased with how well Maggie did. You know honestly, I don't know who came up with the idea that kids would like to sit on the lap of a stranger, whose face you can hardly see. Anyhoo....she went right up to him, sat on his lap and allowed us to take a few pictures. (We got there right when they opened, no one in line...yippee!)

Later that evening, after the rough meeting, I decided to upload her Santa picture onto the computer to send out to all of you (since I know you can hardly wait to see pics of my cutie pie) :) Maggie loves to sit in our laps when we are on the computer. This night was no exception.

I brought the picture up and Maggie looked at the photo and said...Maaa-geeeee. I looked at Michael and Michael looked at me. We were in disbelief. Michael said - did she just say what I think she said? So I pointed to her in the photo and said, who is that? And she said Maaa-geeee. I burst into tears.

You see...this was the first time that Maggie had ever said her name. And on a day where we felt as if everyone else involved in our case failed to see that we were her parents, the Lord used this sweet little one to remind us that she was our daughter...and she does know her name. And more importantly, so does the Lord!

0 Had Something To Say: