Tuesday, December 23, 2008

A little break....Tag...I'm it!

My friend, Erica, tagged me tonight...and I relish in the idea of blogging about something frivilous :) Thanks, Erica!

8 TV Shows I Watch: (in the order they appear on my DVR)

1) Extreme Home Makeover: I always cry while watching. There are times that within the first minute, Michael will say ~ enough...can't do it. But I still watch. I'm amazed at what those guys can accomplish in just 7 days, but even more blessed by the generosity of our neighbors!

2) The Bachelor/ette: I can't wait to see what happens with Jason this season. I understand he's already engaged...I certainly hope he doesn't get duped like before with DeAnna. Poor Jesse.

3) Brothers & Sisters: Absolutely love love love this show!

4) Friday Night Lights: I'm soooo glad that we are DirecTV customers...not only do we get to see FNL but without commercials! Gotta love me some Eric Taylor and Riggins!

5) Private Practice: I've watched it from the beginning and it's growing on me. They have some interesting storylines, especially related to infertility.

6) Grey's Anatomy: Still llove the show, although they've had some "off" storylines. Where is McDreamy these days? I don't like that he's coming off as JUST Mer's boyfriend.

7) ER: I have NEVER missed an episode since it first aired 9/19/94...now that's what I call a dedicated fan. I'm sad to see it go off the air this year, but it's time. Looking forward to seeing Carter return...wish Doug Ross would too, but I think he's a little too busy these days to come back to the ER.

8) All My Children: Yes, I admit it. I watch AMC. I DVR it every day and I watch it every night. Even though he wouldn't want to say so, I've got Michael hooked on it too! :)

8 Favorite Restaurants:

1) Napolis: Seriously the best pizzeria in town.
2) Papasitos: Best chips & salsa hands down.
3) Mel's: Onion rings are to die for!
4) Schilleci's Cafe: best sandwiches around. I love their chicken salad and the club
5) Texan Wild Burgers: awesome burgers!
6) Cheesecake Factory: need I say more
7 & 8) can't think of any

8 Things that Happened to Me Today:
1) Got to work really early because there was no traffic (because everyone else is using their vacation, which I don't any left - boo hoo!)
2) Read through the Christmas letters that we've received so far (love going to the mailbox this time of year)
3) Looked through some pictures my friend, Cari, sent me of the snowstorm in Portland and her little boy and dog have a grand ol' time.
4) Braved going to HEB and getting some items for dinner tonight.
5) Helped Michael cook up his famous chicken tortilla soup.
6) Cleaned kitchen again
7) Picked up living room again
8) Said no, get down, don't touch, come here and love you more than I can count :)

8 Things I Look Forward To:
1) Maggie sleeping through the night without a nightmare
2) Wrapping all of Maggie's gifts tonight (I think I might've gone a little overboard this year...oh well :)
3) Putting together her kitchen tomorrow night with Michael (this feeling might change tomorrow at midnight :)
4) Our first Christmas with Maggie Joy :)
5) Being with the whole Crews family on Christmas Day. We're up to 20 of us now! Amazing Chaos!
6) A new year
7) Finalization of our adoption of Maggie
8) New birth certificate with Maggie Joy Thompson, daughter of Michael & Courtney Thompson

8 Things I Wish For:
1) a colder Christmas!
2)More couples/families to consider foster care adoptions. There are so many kiddos without families to love and care for them.
3) Positive pre-trial hearing on January 6th
4) Possible termination of birth mother's rights before March
5) Smaller waist
6) Take a photography class so I could get the most out of my awesome camera
7) Have some sort of business from home, so that I could be a full time Momma
8) For everyone to have a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year!

Tag...you're it (whoever wants to and/or has time to) :)

1 Had Something To Say:

Erica said...

Very fun! I enjoyed reading this! And I got goosebumps when I read the part about the new birth certificate - we are all believing and looking forward to that day!

I just spent a good half hour or more catching up on your latest posts. I have to admit that I haven't been here since you went private because I use blog lines as a reader and it no longer picks you up. It hit me like a ton of bricks when I read your comment on my blog today. So I apologize....mostly I'm sorry because I didn't know what was going on and therefore I was not specifically praying for the situation. But I am praying now and will continue to check back regularly.

Merry Christmas! I pray you can soak it all in and enjoy this first Christmas with sweet Maggie Joy!

Hugs,
Erica