Saturday, May 09, 2009

Child of My Heart

I have always loved the Willow Tree Angels and started collecting them when I received my first one as a wedding gift. My collection has grown through the years but there were always the ones with babies and/or families that I longed to add to my collection. This year, that wish came true when I received the "Child of My Heart" figurine from Michael for Mother's Day. Each angel is given a name and a "story line". How appropriate that on this, my first Mother's Day, that Michael would give me this special Willow Tree Angel.



"Child of My Heart"

Child of the world, into my heart you came --
Bringing sun into my life, Making family our name.

It is with great joy and awe that I celebrate my first Mother's Day as Maggie's momma. Last year, as we waited to be matched with our child, I honestly didn't know if I would see another Mother's Day childless. I so prayed that 2008 would be the time that the Lord would choose to bless us with our child and bless us, He did! My journey to motherhood has been long. hard. frustrating. But it's also been sweet. happy. joyful and most of all, well worth it all.

This Mother's Day is special because I am now a momma of a sweet little girl. Only the Lord could have brought us together as momma & daughter. Her daddy & I are so filled to the brim with love, joy and thankfulness for God's blessing of Maggie Joy.

However, as special as this Mother's Day is for me this year, I also remember how it feels to not have a child to celebrate. So, on this Mother's Day, I just want to ask you to remember those women in your lives that are longing, just like I was last year, to be a momma, whose arms are aching from the emptiness of not having a child (or possibly even from the emptiness of losing a child)- and longing to celebrate their first Mother's Day with their son or daughter. This can be a very hard day for those sweet mommas-to-be. Pray for them! It's important to just let them know that you're thinking of them. It really does mean so much.

Happy Mother's Day to all my friends who are mommas, especially those celebrating for the first time this year. And my love and hugs out to my dear friends, who are still waiting. I am praying for you ~ for peace, comfort and much love on this day.

Love,
Maggie's Momma


2 Had Something To Say:

Jocelyn said...

HAPPY 1st MOTHER'S DAY!! Isn't that the BEST Willow Tree figure??? I got mine at my 1st Christmas as a mommy and now also have other little babies surrounding it... reminder of all the little ones that have been children on my heart. I am so happy for you celebrating this 1st in your life and being able to look back and see how amazing God is. Hope this day, this mommy's day is wonderful, relaxing and completely celebratory of the road God has lead you on.

Lynn said...

Happy Mothers Day! I am so happy for you and your Maggie Joy! Hope I get to meet her this summer!