Tuesday, May 19, 2009

60 days....

and we can file the adoption placement papers for Maggie to officially (in the eyes of the law) our daughter!

E, Maggie's new adoption caseworker, came by for a visit this morning. She was so nice and very sweet. She was very easy to talk to and was very excited to be able to help us with our adoption of Maggie. She asked a few questions about Maggie's progress and development and just observed Maggie. She said that we had a lovely home & said that Maggie was so cute (of course!)

The state requires a 90 day waiting period from termination, before adoption placement papers can be filed. 1 month has already passed, so we just have 60 days to go! There really isn't anything that will be done in the next 60 days, as they can't do anything on their end. We do have to get a psych/developmental evaluation done on Maggie and she suggested that we go ahead and get that scheduled as soon as possible, so that it doesn't hold us up. I have already made the phone call and just waiting for a call back. Our agency will need to do an addendum on our home study, since it's over a year old, but that shouldn't be any big deal. Our agency is fantastic & more than ready for us to be done with all of this :) Everything else that is needed has already been done and copies will just need to be forwarded to the CPS adoption division. Once the adoption placement papers are signed, our attorney will file for a court date. If all goes well....we are hopeful to have everything done in August!

We honestly have had a wonderful experience with everyone involved in our case - from our agency caseworker, to our CPS foster care caseworker and now our new adoption caseworker, to our CASA worker...it hasn't been the easiest of journeys but honestly, when I look at my sweet little girl, I don't even think about all those tough days. I just look at the beautiful child that the Lord chose for us to parent....and I am overwhelmed by the love and blessing of Maggie Joy.


1 Had Something To Say:

Jocelyn said...

EEEEK!! Wow- 60 days seems like nothing after all these years of praying, waiting, wondering how life will end up... does it?!? I also have to tell you that my comment earlier today... for some reason I forgot that it WAS Tuesday (oh this week has been soooo long all ready) and so when I wrote that I was waiting to hear about it... it was as if it had happened days ago and there was no word from you yet. Yes... go ahead and have a giggle about that! :)
Anyhow... so happy for you guys. I am waiting for my chance of 90 days, but until then... I am celebrating and praising God with you guys!