Thursday, May 21, 2009

The latest on Maggie herself :)

I have not done a very good job at documenting Maggie and all that she is doing and learning lately. Such a bad momma! So I'm going to try and jot a few things down tonight that are fresh on my brain :) Maggie sure is one funny girl. I'd like to take credit for her wonderful sense of timing & humor, but I'm not so sure that I can.

We have really been working on her vocabulary and verbal skills. She has finally started putting words together. She says "please, momma" "tank you, momma" and "wub you, momma". Funny thing is she hasn't quite figured it out that those words don't always go together. She'll say the same thing to Daddy too..."please momma!" Of course, I love it...Michael quickly informs her that he is Daddy, not Momma. So she'll say, "please momma daddy". :)

The other morning I went in to get Maggie and I hadn't dried my hair yet. She saw me and said: "momma...hair...wet...rain?" I laughed and said, No sweetpea, it's not raining in the house. And she said "oh...baf" (bath)? "Yes, Momma took a bath". I'm always amazed at when she puts things together like that out of the blue.

We finally got some new living room furniture (yay!). It was being delivered on Saturday (between the hours of 7am and 10pm...don't get me started on that!) so we moved the old couch out the garage after Maggie went to bed Friday night. When she woke up, Maggie went running into the living room and immediately stopped. "Momma...uh oh....uh oh....uh oh!" The room was empty and she was having a grand ol' time with all the room to run around.

The furniture didn't arrive until 9:30pm (again, don't get me started) & Maggie was already in bed. So when she woke up on Sunday morning. She came into the living room. Stopped and said, "WoooooooooooW! Momma! WOW!" She immediately tried (and tried and tried and tried) to get up on the new sectional...without much success. It's a bit higher than our other couch. It seriously was the funniest thing ever. I so wish that I had a video camera to record it. She has since learned to manuever her way up and has the bruises to show for it.

Maggie is really into movies now. She will go to the Xbox (what we watch movies on in the living room), turn it on, open it up, go into the movie drawer, pick out what she wants to watch, puts it in and then comes calling for either me or Michael to "hurry....hurry" Her favorites right now are Nemo Nemo (Finding Nemo), Elmphant (Horton Hears A Who) and Puppy (Bolt). She will stand up in front of the tv and just watch and not move....it cracks me up.

She's also really avoiding sleeping in her bed when she can. She knows I'm going to get her bottle and all of a sudden, she's gone. Just like that. Of course, I know where to find her...all snug in our bed (what she calls Momma's Big Bed) with her eyes closed...and she'll even give out a pretend snore (learned from Daddy of course). Too funny...and she knows it!

There is always something going on ~ new adventures, new words, new expressions...and I'm lovin' every minute of it!


1 Had Something To Say:

Jocelyn said...

(I'm a little behind on my reading lately) Oh, she sounds like a hoot. Isn't it amazing to see them learn at such an incredibly rate! There's things Riyah does that I still can't believe and things where I'm like "WHEN did you learn THAT?!?"... so cool. What a great age where everything is exciting and fresh and wonderful. I adore the "momma daddy" thing... hey, she'll learn soon enough, but for NOW revel in the humor that she knows who's top dog in your house! :) Soak it all in Momma Court!