Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Adoption Update

I called Maggie's CPS caseworker yesterday to get an update on the status of her case. He told me that he closed the case on his end and transferred it to the adoption unit at the end of last week. He said that Maggie's new adoption caseworker would be in touch with us soon. I was a bit disappointed that Maggie's first caseworker wasn't assigned, but she's going on maternity leave in July, so we knew that it wasn't likely. Oh well!

Soon....hmmm....wonder what that means? You never know when it comes to CPS. However, I shouldn't have been so negative, as we received a phone call a few hours later from Elizabeth, Maggie's new caseworker. She seemed very nice on the phone, so I'm hopeful that she's that way in person :)

Elizabeth will be coming out next Tuesday morning for a home visit and to give us the details on where we are and what we need to do, etc. I was encouraged!

Please pray that we'll have a positive first meeting...even though we have nothing to worry about, it's very easy to get over anxious with these things.


2 Had Something To Say:

Jocelyn said...

Will definately be praying. I know it is so frustrating that things take so long in this process- it doesn't make sense sometimes. And then other times (usually when it's something negative) it seems to go too quickly and w/o real preparation or notice! I pray that things move along smoothly and quickly and that you will have peace throughout this last leg of the journey. You've made it so far- the light at the end of the tunnel is there!

Jess Richey said...

Court, Thank you so much for being so encouraging during our home study. It went really well! Hopefully our final walk through will be a breeze! I continue to pray for your family as well. You have had an amazing journey, I am SO happy for you!