Tuesday, May 12, 2009

1st Mother's Day

Dear Maggie Joy,

Today is a very special day. It is my first Mother's Day...and it's all because of YOU! I always wondered what the day would be like...and it exceeded all that I thought it would be. I knew what it was like to celebrate Mother's Day with Nana (since she's my momma) but what would it be like when I had a child of my own?

You slept in late (wow...you really know how to give your momma a treat!!!) ~ You helped Daddy make breakfast for me ~ one of your favorites, pancakes & bacon. You even helped clean up a bit. You gave me some pretty flowers and every time I look at them, I think of you. You were very proud of yourself!

When Jesus brought you home to live with me and Daddy, he knew what a special little girl you were and how much love and joy you would bring to our lives. Being your momma has been the most wonderful gift I've ever received. Because of you, I have learned patience, grace, forgiveness, flexibility, understanding and the ability to love more deeply that I ever thought was possible. I loved you before I even knew you...and my love for you grows deeper with each passing day.

Thank you for making me a Momma, Maggie Joy. I can't think of a better way to have made it happen.

I love you so much....to the moon & back.
Momma


0 Had Something To Say: