Wednesday, April 07, 2010

It's official...

...we are a diaper free household!  That's right! In the week since I last posted about our pull-up adventures, our sweet girl has not had one accident. Yep! Can you believe it?!  She tells us quite frequently - "momma/daddy, gotta go potty!" and she dashes as fast as she can to one of the bathrooms.  She's even conquered going poop in the potty! (TMI - I know!) That was a bit traumatic at first, but she's ok with it now...and I'm thankful because I've always heard that this is the hardest part of potty training.

She has adjusted so well to using the big girl potty. It's been amazing. Once again, it proves that you can't go by "typical industry standards" with my girl - I go by her timing. She just wasn't ready back when we tried in December. But just a few short months later, and boom - just like that, we're done with the diapers. Amazing.

She loves wearing her "big girl panties" and has managed to learn how to get herself up on the big potty and do everything herself. I'm assuming that this is mostly due to her being in school. It really is quite funny to watch her jump up there and there have been a few times where she's fallen in...laughter galore!

She is now telling us that she needs "privacy" (ha!) and to please not come in.  I wonder if this will now work when we tell her the same thing?! (probably not!)

Before I dropped Maggie off to her room this morning, she said she needed to go potty. She went straight for the stall, turned around, closed the door and locked it ... it was a bit alarming to me. I didn't really like the idea of her locking herself in the stall, although it would be very easy for her to get out - I wasn't too sure how easy it would be for me to get in, should it come to that! Thankfully, she did her business, unlocked the door and away we went....such a big girl.

Now, I guess I shouldn't actually say no more diapers...as she does still wear a pull-up at night.  Funny thing was that I was actually going to keep her in a diaper at night because she is still a big wetter. But after the first day of pullups/panties, she refused to wear a diaper...and has done so ever since.  I guess when she's ready to move on, she's ready to move on.  So, she has "agreed" to wear a pull up at night and I'm sure that will still be a part of the routine for a while.

We're sooo proud of you, Maggie Joy. You're such a big girl now and you're doing a great job!


1 Had Something To Say:

Jocelyn said...

oh, i know i said it on facebook... but, CONGRATULATIONS again!! so exciting and HUGE!!