Thursday, April 22, 2010

It was bound to happen

I was just going along my merry little way, enjoying the lighter flow of traffic yesterday - impressed with my timing of getting home earlier than normal....when all of a sudden I realize it's Wednesday! For some, that realization is not earth shattering...but it is to a Momma when she realizes she's only a few minutes from home and she forgot to go and pick up her daughter from school.

Maggie goes to school Monday, Wednesday, Friday. On those days, I have to go a different route to/from work because of where her school is located. Tues/Thurs she stays at home with her daddy and I get to take the easy/shorter route. Anyhoo....

It's Wednesday! Oh no! Maggie's @ school....and I'm just down the street from my house! Thankfully I remembered before I actually got out of the car and walked into the house to hear my husband say something like, "where's Maggie?" and the dread fall upon both of us. So, I got myself in gear and got off the beltway to the lovely FM1960 (for those of you who don't live in the Houston area, you don't understand how horrific this main street is - anytime of the day, let alone @ rush hour). Of course, this route took me about 25 minutes out of the way to get to Maggie's school. Had I gone the right way and picked her up like normally, she would've already been picked up and we would've already been on our way home. However....

Now, no true worries were really felt as I knew that she could've been there another 2 hours without any issues. It's just that I usually pick her up between 4:30-5:00. As bad as I felt about it, I knew it wouldn't phase her any. As a matter of fact, she'd probably be happy with the fact that I was later than usual (although oblivious to time) so she could play outside longer. And sure enough...that's exactly what happened. She doesn't even have a concept of time or being late. And just like I thought ~ my sweet girl was outside playing with her friends and having a ball.

I was just saying the other day that I always had this fear that I'd forget what day it was and end up going the wrong way and/or forgetting to get Maggie. Well, I guess that's what I get for talking about it!

0 Had Something To Say: