Thursday, July 09, 2009

One year ago today....

I was getting my nails done and my cell phone rang. The Caller ID said HOMES4GOOD. Honestly, I didn't think much of it. We were just licensed the day before, so I figured that they were just calling to say something about that. Then, my heart starting racing. WE HAVE A CASE WE WANT TO DISCUSS WITH YOU. What?! Are you kidding me?! You can relive the day with us here.

And so the next step of our journey began. The next 11 days were filled with so many things ~ meetings with caseworkers and therapists to find out all we could about this sweet little girl they were presenting to us; praying; shopping; praying; cleaning; praying some more; preparing our home and our hearts for OUR DAUGHTER; giving my boss a one week notice for my 8 week maternity leave. Those 11 days went by so fast! We couldn't believe how quickly our lives changed but we couldn't have been any more excitement or joyful! We called/emailed/texted/blogged/facebooked as many people as we could to spread the amazing news that Michael & I would soon be known as Momma & Daddy!

As much as we prepared, we couldn't have ever been fully ready for the amazing blessing of Maggie Joy and her presence in our lives. Our hearts were overflowing and our new life was just beginning....

2 Had Something To Say:

Jocelyn said...

EEEEeekkk... I read another adoptive blog that called it "Gotcha Day"... so, Happy Gotcha Day!! I can't believe it's been a year. After years of counting other negative "anniversaries" in the journey to your child you NOW have a HUGELY exciting day to celebrate. And SOON... you will have the BIGGEST anniversary to parenthood ever!! Again... Eeeeeekkk!! :)

Kelly said...

wow! It's been a year already! I can't believe it! It's been a joy to travel this road with your little family. :)