Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Sleep Test

When Maggie had her follow up with her surgeon about a month ago, she suggested that Maggie undergo another sleep apnea test. They said someone would call to schedule it with me within 2 weeks. I didn't hear from anyone, so I followed up last week and sure enough, they didn't even have her file/information (no surprise there). However, the scheduler did call me back the next morning and said that the next opening would be on Friday, September 11th....yikes...another 2 months? She asked if I'd like to be placed on a waiting list, and I said absolutely.

I was a bit discouraged, because I really hoped to get this done before her benefits ran out (with the hope that the adoption would be finalized by then). We felt, though, that it would all work out.

The very next day I get a call saying that there has been a cancellation and can we do the study this Friday night? Thank you, Lord! He indeed worked it out, just like He always does!

Honestly, I'm not sure how Maggie will handle the testing. I don't know how any child would. It will be done @ TCH so they obviously specialize in children, so hopefully it won't be that bad. For those of you who have been around Maggie know that she is QUITE active (understatement of the year). I just don't know how she's going to not want to pull everything off of her and sit still long enough to get her hooked up to everything....and then actually fall asleep in the bed @ the hospital. Should make for an interesting night....for Maggie & Momma. One of us is required to stay over (not that I would leave her there alone anyway) so I guess I can get some reading done or watch a movie on the DVD player. We have to be there @ 6pm and will be released @ 8am the next morning. Hopefully it will all go smoothly :)

On another note, Maggie's adoption caseworker stopped by for her monthly visit today. She said that everything was pretty much ready to go. Monday will be the end of the 90 day waiting period. She'll file some paperwork the very next day and hopefully we'll get Maggie's complete CPS history file to review. We will also be allowed to remove/redact any information that we want to be sure to have removed (like any mention of our name or address, etc) that may have been overlooked. Then we will get the Adoption Placement papers & hopefully a court date for August.

There is light at the end of the tunnel....and it's getting brighter every day! :)

2 Had Something To Say:

Melissa said...

I was just wondering yesterday if things still looked like they were on track for you to officially make that cutie all yours. Glad to hear it seems to be that way!

Jocelyn said...

It's going to be 90 days all ready?!? That's so exciting! And... I'm praying this evening for the sleep study. I've always wondered about sleep studies... how can you accurately look at sleep when the person is out of their comfort zone, attached to a bunch of wires, in a weird bed, etc?? Hmmm.
I'll be looking forward to how it went! Thinking of you.