Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving

Today was our first Thanksgiving as a little family. We had breakfast together and watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. Maggie couldn't take her eyes off of the tv and she was constantly saying "WoW! Wow!" We then watched the dog show that came on right afterwards. Puppies are her favorite things right now. Everything with legs is a puppy (and anything with feathers is a ducky). She eventually went down for her nap. I ran up to the gas station to grab a paper, just for the ads. Didn't really see much of anything that I just couldn't live without, and especially not to be in line for a 4am opening. Thanks but, no thanks...I appreciate my sleep too much these days!

I decided to try a new WW recipe for pumpkin pies and Maggie helped me every step of the way. There was a huge mess in the end, but we had lots of fun and the pies were yummy!

We then started pulling out all the Christmas decorations. Michael kept saying - this should be interesting. The Queen of Touching Everything rules the house right now. She has to investigate and touch and move and look at every single thing. Those who know me, know that I go all out at Christmas...and this year will be no exception. I am determined to make it work :) I even put a little tree in her room. She keeps walking around saying "lights, lights" She even kissed the snowman nightlight "night-night" tonight before heading off to bed. Such a sweetie.

We decided to put off putting up the big tree until after she went to bed. What a surprise she will find tomorrow morning when she wakes up. And I can't wait :)

As I sift through all my Christmas items and remember where I put things last year, there is just this overwhelming sense of joy that comes over me. Joy because Maggie Joy is here with us! The miracle that we were believing for last Christmas is a reality this year. We are celebrating Thanksgiving and Christmas with our daughter. My heart is so full.

As we celebrate this day, I am reminded to be thankful in ALL things and at ALL times...even when we don't want to be thankful or know how to be. Our Heavenly Father has blessed us with so much. I just pray that we don't take it for granted, and that we never forget what Christ has done for His children.

May the Lord bless you and your family during this holiday season. Here's to family, friends, hopes, blessings and miracles!

1 Had Something To Say:

Jocelyn said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your little family. Holidays take on a whole new meaning when it's with precious children... it's amazing.