Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Confusion....

Trial is set for January 16th...
Trial is set for March 16th....
Trial is set for January 6th....

....um....ok...well, which date is it? Three different answers from 3 different agencies. It really is quite confusing and as well as I do with keeping it straight, the real issue is that no one talks to each other and therefore confusion sets in.

Last night, Maggie's new CPS caseworker stopped by for a short visit. I had not met him before, but he was present at Maggie's visitation with her birth mother. He was nice enough ~ very quiet, didn't say much. I felt like I had to do all the talking, which is not normally a problem, but you also want to be careful about what you say/don't say to the caseworkers. You don't want to ask the wrong questions or bring up things you're not supposed to know (note to self: remember to NOT say this or that). He was very hard to read, well, they all are. Thankfully Maggie was in a good mood and the visit didn't last long. I try my best to not read into things, but again, easier said than done.

As of right now, pre-trial is scheduled for some day in January (he didn't know the exact date) and that trial is scheduled for March 16th (oh ok...that's where that date fits in). He also said that there is another PPT conference the week before Christmas. My gut tells me that this will be a big push for Maggie's bio-mom to get a visit. The judge has said that no visits can take place without a play therapist present, and since Maggie doesn't turn 2 until the end of January, no one will see her before then. We're hopeful that the holidays don't change the judge's mind ~ which happens alot. It's soooo frustrating to see a system who says that their goal is to do what is best for the child, and yet children are put through visitations that are unhealthy, or worse yet, returned to biological parents who can barely take care of themselves, let alone another person.

Something is so terribly wrong with our system and it's processes. I have friends who are still waiting for adoptions to be finalized 18 months after the fact and worse yet, friends who have had children removed from the best environment for them. It doesn't make sense. The only thing I can cling to is that God is in control. Nothing is a surprise to Him. He has all of us right where we are supposed to be. This walk of faith, we call life, isn't easy...but if it were, then what would faith be?

So, even though there is alot of confusion with the system and our adoption process...one thing I am completely clear on is this....

Jesus KNOWS me....this I LOVE!


1 Had Something To Say:

Anonymous said...

I want you to know we are SO PRAYING for all of you. I know how "tuff" this time is and you find you have emotions you never knew existed!!! If I can ever help you with anything please let me know!!! You are so right about God knowing all of this, that goodness we have him to put our faith in.
Melissa