Monday, June 25, 2007

Silence....

It's been a full week since we've heard anything from Dennis. It's been really odd to not have anything to follow up on, forms to fill out and mail, or questions to answer. It's been silent. It's been hard.

In the silence, I certainly have heard a lot. I've heard all my thoughts and fears voiced in my head. I've heard all the questions that I've had come to the fore-front of my mind. I've also heard the Lord in his quiet way remind me that He is in control. I have been reminded of this:

Zephaniah 3:17
The Lord your God is with you,
He is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
He will quiet you with his love,
He will rejoice over you with singing.
My heart has been restless but I know that even in the silence, God is still at work. Patience and trust, even in the monotony of my daily routine is still the best preparation to courageously handle what is to come.

0 Had Something To Say: