Sunday, March 25, 2007

A Relaxing Weekend....

A relaxing weekend? What's that? It's been so long since we've had one, that I was beginning to forget what that even was!

Friday night, Michael & I enjoyed some great Texas BBQ. Would you believe that we actually bought it from Pappa's BBQ and that Michael didn't grill it himself?! SHOCK! I know! However, we made one slight mistake a few weeks back...we didn't bring our grill back into the garage and then all the rain hit...now all we have is one rusted out grill. Oh well...such is life. We'll get another one soon. So, in the meantime, we chose to treat ourselves to some 2nd best BBQ. Sure was nice to not have to deal with the clean up too :)

We finally got around to hanging things up on the walls. That took a little longer than expected....with all the "discussions" that had to take place over just the right place to hang something. In the end, we still have empty walls but we're happy with how things look as of now. I will have to take some pictures and post later.

On Saturday, I watched Gabriela, Isabela & Maya while Ashley went to a friend's babyshower. One might think that this event would NOT be included in relaxing weekend, but we had a lot of fun together, as always. It was a nice day outside, so we all played in the sandbox and went for a short walk, before the rain showers hit. Then it was inside for a movie and popcorn. The hard part of having 3 little ones is that someone is always left out of things. "CC, sit by me...sit by me..." Well, there's only 2 sides of me, so that usually means that the one "left out" gets the best spot in town...my lap! At one point, we were all watching the movie GARFIELD (for the hundredth time I'm sure) on the love seat...that's right....I was laying with my legs stretched out, Isabela on my right lap, Maya on my left lap and Gabriela laying across my legs. Now that's one picture I wish I had to share with you...but alas, I was a bit too occupied to even try to attempt a photo. Here's a photo....BEFORE the girls joined me on the love seat :)

I did something today that honestly, I don't think I've done in months. I read an entire book...that's right...the whole book in just under 4 hours. I'm not a big fan of Christian fiction, but I read a book by Karen Kingsbury about 5 years ago and I have become her biggest fan. She's such a talented writer. She can truly sweep you away into the story, make you feel like you're living it with the characters and there is always such a great message with each one. I wish they'd take her books and make Hallmark movies from them. I usually buy her new book the day that it's released and finish it within a day. This time was different. I'm sure that I bought the book at least 5 months ago and I just decided to read it today. I'm glad that I did. The message from her latest book was this: Love is not possible without sacrifice, and sacrifice is not possible without love. Isn't that what Jesus taught? He died on the cross as the greatest sacrifice, the greatest gift of love, and it's through His grace and salvation that we can do anything good and lasting!

One of the main story lines of this book followed a soldier into Iraq. Regardless of our differing political views, we must - as Americans - agree to pray and be grateful for the men and women who put their lives on the line so the United States can remain a free nation. The cost of freedom is great. Living in the U.S. is free to all of us, but freedom is never really free either. A cost is being paid every day by the military men and women and families in our midst. Let's not forget that. For those serving our country, I thank you, and am praying for your safety and quick return home.

Hope everyone has a great week!
~ Court

0 Had Something To Say: