Thursday, March 15, 2007

Faithfulness

As Michael & I go through the adoption process, there are days where I just don't see how it's going to happen. Fear, anxiety & fatigue (just to name a few) begin to overwhelm me. When that began to happen again this morning, I was reminded of these wonderful promises in Isaiah:

Fear not; for I am with you: be not dismayed; for I am your God: I will strengthen you; yes, I will help you; yes, I will uphold you with the right hand of my righteousness" (Isaiah 41:10).

"Fear not," God says to me. And yet I fear. "Be not dismayed." And yet I worry and become anxious over many things. God continually tells me "I am with you," yet I continue to become panic stricken by the cares of this life, not realizing just how close He really is. My eyes are so often on the problems that surround me that I cannot see the God who remains with me.

I know God is near. But if I am blinded by my problems or selfish wants, how can I see Him? And if I cannot see Him, how can I bring myself to trust Him? And if I cannot bring myself to trust Him, how shall I learn to depend on Him when I am surrounded by trouble, or burdened by the cares of this life? How will I learn to have peace when the budget is tight, the job insecure, the process is too slow or when my day to day becomes a tedious "daily grind?" The daily grind can and does get to me, as I'm sure it does to everyone.

Then I read the verse again from Isaiah 41:10...He says, "Do you feel weak? I will strengthen you. Do you need help? I'll be there--I will help you. Are you weary and feel like you cannot take another step? I will hold you up." These are not simply words but they are the promises from God. He is talking to me....He is talking to all of us. I just simply have to believe that what He said He will do, He will do. Not because of my faith--but because of His faithfulness.

But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint" (Isaiah 40:31)

I am so thankful for the Lord's faithfulness and love for me; and encouraged to know that no matter what, He is with me always, even on those days where my faith is less than perfect.

0 Had Something To Say: