Wednesday, June 02, 2010

It's been one of those days....and nights.

Here’s how my morning went ~

Woke up Maggie. She was in a fowl mood. Gotta love it when that happens.

She didn’t want to wear a shirt…not any shirt. I force it on her.

She then refuses to let me brush her hair or fix it. But there is no way that I will let my child go to school looking like a mess.

Get to school. Open the door, she gets out and decides that it would be really fun to just run through the parking lot. Running. Everywhere.

Thank God it was only 80 degrees this morning. Anyway.

I am literally running/chasing her for 6 minutes. You know how it is when you are trying to catch a loose dog. Yep.Exactly.

Finally catch her. Carry her all the way across the parking lot and into the school. I put her down for a minute to sign her in. She runs off into the gym. Fine. It’s on the way to the classroom.

She then begins to cry and refuses to move. I am basically wrestling with her by this time.

I finally get her in my arms and bring her to the room. She is now hanging on to me for dear life.

Won’t let go.

Doesn’t want me to put her down.

I try to gently remove her. Not working. So I have to resort to the forceful removal where all she does is slide down my leg and wrap herself around it and starts screaming. She kicks off her shoes. Removes all her hair bows/barrettes and starts kicking.

I walk out of the room, basically shaking her off of me and wish Ms. Christine * the lucky teacher * a good day :)

{8 hours of work}

here's how my evening went ~

walked out of work just as the sky fell out. HUGE hail all the way to get maggie. what normally takes 25 minutes, took me an hour.

off to therapy. maggie trips right outside the front door, skins her knee (pretty badly actually)

i should've just turned around and went home...but i did not.

crying in the waiting room - her world has come to an end, of course.

other people staring - gotta love it. i mean, your kid must be perfect b/c why else would you be here?!?!?!?

finally get called back to the therapist's office but she's switched offices and therefore maggie refuses to go in.

i mean R.E.F.U.S.E.S!

again - should have turned around.

go in and sit on the floor only to have her basically tear up this office (which also happens to be my brother in law's)

while I just sit on the floor and try and have a conversation with the therapist.

but tonight - i just don't feel like talking much

i tell her how i feel like i just don't know what to do. what to say. how to handle things. she reassures me that i'm doing a good job but honestly, it just felt like words at the time.

maggie finally ends up on the couch. we're saying goodbye and maggie announces she needs to go potty. oops...correct that. she's gone potty. yep, right on uncle ed's new suede couch.

and i'm not talking about a little pee....it was like the fountains gushed!

she hasn't had any accidents in weeks.

awesome. so i put her in the bathroom, run out to the car to get another change of clothes, come back in and try and soak up the pee out of the couch with some paper towels....yeah right.

decide to just go through mcdonalds to get dinner. pulled up in the driveway and all the drinks spilled over. completely emptied out all over my feet. coke going all the way to the back of the car.

i yell some curse words. it scares her.

park the car, take her inside. drop off the food. decide to just eat first - will clean up later.

all the food is ice cold.

throw food in the trash. go out to the car. try to clean up the spilled coke.

no one ever said don't cry over spilt coke, right?!?

so i start the dishwasher and finally get a few minutes to myself in the bathroom because i have to go poop. yep. just being honest.

when i hear "momma momma...water water water" screaming through the house. yep, the little drainage thingy that is next to the water faucet on the sink - that allows the water to drain from the dishwasher - somehow got turned and the water went gushing out all over the countertops...and all over the floor.

I clean up the water almost an hour later.

That is, after I ate a whole bag of gummy bears.

2 Had Something To Say:

Jenny said...

Oh my gosh. That is a doosie. I remember reading your status update on FB that night while I was laying in bed eating a HUGE bowl of Rocky Road ice cream and watching Glee online. I thought, "Mmmm hmmmm that is exactly how I feel." However, after reading about the details of your day, mine wasn't so bad:) Hoping you head into a much more peaceful phase soon and very soon! I know it is sooooo draining. Love ya! Jen

Albus Adventures said...

Court:

Thanks so much for being real on your blog! When you post about having a day like that, it helps me cope with the similar issues we have going on over here.

I will return your email soon, Promise!

-Becca