Monday, February 22, 2010

Zoo!

We finally had some decent warmer weather, so I called up my friend, Jocelyn, on Friday to see if she wanted to join us at the zoo. Well, to be honest, I first asked if she just wanted to go to the park, because I wasn't sure that I had the energy to tackle the zoo. Then as we were talking, I mentioned that I had thought about going to the zoo and she said she had been too - so that was it. We were going....

We met up at the zoo Saturday morning. 3 mommas (friend Lindsey joined us too)...7 kiddos under the age of 3. Oh yes. We were bringing our own zoo to the zoo! Maggie was sooo excited to see Sariyah and Adrian and all the aminals (yes, I know it's misspelled but that's how she says it :). Maggie had never been to the zoo before so this was a great first for us.


Off we go....Maggie & Sariyah started off in the wagon. Believe me when I say, it didn't stay like that for long!

Maggie was so interested in the monkeys....that barrier barely kept her in!


Samari, Adrian & Maggie enjoying the monkeys


This monkey came right up on us



....and this was Maggie's reaction!


I'm telling you - she's just about over that railing!




Watching the Momma orangutang and all the fish in the pond (plus a sweet moment between Jocelyn and her sweet Sariyah)


Maggie sharing her bag of goldfish with Adrian & Samari....while the momma orangutang watched (you can't see her but she just threw that blanket up in the air and she's sitting right in front of the kids)


Such a smart girl - reading up on the giraffes


This one cracks me up! Look at that face :)
I wanted to get a picture of Maggie with one of her favorite animals, the giraffe.
Unfortunately the railing was really small and she was about to fall off (but don't worry - she didn't)


Such a sweet moment....and without any prompting!

My take charge daughter - c'mon Adrian, let's go!

Maggie loves the petting zoo. She has NO fear!



Half of these kids are ours - isn't it great!


Maggie loved riding on the carousel. It was a great way to end our special day.

And here are just a few of the many animals that we saw on our trip to the zoo


A great time was had by all ~ until, of course, it was time to go. Then it was a whole 'nother story!
We sure are thankful for our little friends and their mommas too! Hope to make more memories with all the kiddos again real soon!




0 Had Something To Say: