Friday, October 30, 2009

A new routine

Night 3 of the CPAP Machine = Maggie asking to have the mask put on! So, who was I to deny her? She kept it on and wanted it hooked up. She fought a little bit & wanted me to read to her while she tried to get situated. So, we read 3 books and she fell asleep. I waited until she was asleep to leave the room. She slept through the night and for 13 hours. Yes, folks!

Friday night was a different story. She wasn't as anxious to get the mask on. It was a HUGE fight to get it on, but once it was on, she was ok. We read the same 3 books and she fell asleep. She woke up a few times in the middle of the night but was able to put herself to sleep. That next morning she woke up and took the mask off her face (although with all the straps, can't get it off her head)

Saturday night was another fight and again woke up a few times, but seemed to tolerate it a little more. She woke up super early (thanks to time change) and when I went in to get her, she had yanked the tubing out of the machine and was in the bed, with all the straps criss-crossed and all of the place. It took me a few minutes just to get the darn thing off of her.

Tonight, she put the mask on without any struggle and laid down right away. We only read one book and she fell asleep. This is where the time change came in handy :)

She is also doing really well with the machine during her nap time. She tends to keep the mask on during this time. Of course, it's only for a few hours. She has been taking a little bit longer naps as well.

I've been trying to monitor her behavior and such over the past few days to see if the CPAP is helping in any way. It's hard to say. I will say that she is waking up very happy, not that she was an unhappy child before. But maybe it's just because she's happy to have the mask off :)

I do believe that the CPAP is helping and that she will continue to improve. I'm hopeful that the day will come where she can put it on herself and get situated without any troubles.

Note to self: switch out books in Maggie's bookcase in her room, if we're going to be reading in her bed each night. I don't know how much more I can take of "No More Diapers for Ducky", "If You Bring a Mouse to School" and "Do You Ears Hang Low" ~ I seriously don't even need the books anymore. They're forever ingrained in my head! Even Maggie will say some of the words before I do :)

0 Had Something To Say: