Friday, February 06, 2009

Unfinished Projects

Before I became a mother, I rarely left a project unfinished.

The dirty laundry began and ended its journey to cleanliness within a span of only two hours each week.

Dirty dishes? There was no such thing.

Craft projects? Before Maggie, I could routinely start and finish a sizable project within a few weeks.

Those areas of my life are now dramatically different. An entire day can be devoted to laundry. Even then, the job is never finished. The dirty dish side of the sink is continually reproducing more and more dirty dishes. My last completed craft project was a bracelet, which was composed of red and green yarn and jingle bells.

However, there is still one very important unfinished project at my house that I work on every day. Maggie Joy. This endeavor will never be finished.

Some days are extremely frustrating, as if someone had unraveled what I did while I was wasn't looking. Parts of these projects I thought had been completed suddenly need more effort. Lessons I have learned as a mother sometimes need to be revisted and relearned.

However, one day this little "project" I call my child won't need the same kind of physically draining attention. The lessons that we are patiently and persistently teaching her will grip her heart and not be undone.

Lord, thank you for the blessing of my sweet child! And please give me the wisdom, patience and love to be the best momma to her.

0 Had Something To Say: