Monday, February 23, 2009

Shepherd

I received this email devotional this morning. It really encouraged me and thought it might encourage some of you, too!
The Lord is my shepherd.
Psalm 23:1a

It’s the way David saw God.
What was David’s greatness? It’s the way David saw God and, as a result, trusted God.
David saw God as shepherd. He saw God as my shepherd, as the God who shepherds him.
What is David saying in this phrase, pregnant with meaning?
My God cares about me.
My God takes care of me.
My God is attentive to me.
My God provides for me.
My God guides me.
My God is gentle with me.
My God protects me from enemies who want to devour me.
My God feeds me.
My God has a warm affection for me.
My God feels bound to me.
My God sacrifices for me.
My God takes delight in me.
My God disciplines me for my good.
My God heals my wounds.
My God protects me from myself.
My God stays near me.
My God never leaves me.
My God will never leave me.
My God is the good shepherd.
The Lord is my shepherd.
Do you see God this way? It was David’s greatness. It can be your greatness if you choose. The way you see God, and therefore, trust God.
The rest of the day, meditate on David’s proclamation of faith. Chew on it. Pray on it. Learn it. Live it.

1 Had Something To Say:

Jess Richey said...

What a wonderful post! I am going to have to share this on my blog! Thank you!