Thursday, February 21, 2008

Bye Bye Gracie

Well, the challenge did not go as planned. Chopper just could not handle having Gracie (or any other dog for that matter) in the house. I guess since he's been the only one for 4 years, he just couldn't handle the stress. Chopper was very lethargic and almost paralyzed with fear. He refused to come out of his room, was always hiding and didn't even want to be around Michael (whom he loves). So, I had to make the dreaded call back to Penny and let her know that it just wasn't going to work out. I packed up Gracie's things and loaded her in the car. She is a perfect "car" dog....just laid there and looked at me.

I was very sad to see her go, as she definitely became more attached to me (and I, to her). I hated to give her back, as she was truly the sweetest pup I've ever been around. But in the end, it just wasn't going to work out. It's amazing how quickly you can become attached in such a short amount of time.

I hope that Gracie can find a new home soon. If any of you in the Houston area are looking for a GREAT dog, let me know and I'll put you in touch with Penny.

0 Had Something To Say: