Saturday, February 16, 2008

Best gift ever.....

Michael surprised me at Christmas with a gift certificate to a day at the spa. I was excited about it but honestly, I didn't really know what to expect. I've had my share of pedicures and massages before, but have never been treated to "day" of it. After 3 cancellations, due to my illnesses, I decided to take a vacation day yesterday and go to the spa.

I arrive at the Hawaiian Day Spa and was greeted by the sweetest lady. I immediately felt important and valued. I was shown to my private bathroom, where I was provided a very plush robe and slippers and given a key to lock up my possessions. (What....4 hours without my cell phone?! How ever will I manage??? ~ just fine, thank you!) Here are some images to express what I was able to experience (and no...these are not of me or the spa that I visited but they accurately document the services provided)

The calming music played throughout the spa brought this picture to mind.....think that's relaxing enough?!

My massage room looked just like this....very calm, inviting and relaxing. I had the best 1 hour massage ever...and I'm more than certain I fell asleep more than once (oops!)

Off to my Vitamin C /Oxygen facial.... I have never had a facial before ~ it was awesome! I think I looked 10 years younger when I left that room (that's a good feeling since my birthday is just around the corner, and I will no longer be closer to 30 than 40!) Again, with most certainty, I nodded off at least once :)

Once my facial was completed, I was ushered off to my own personal lunch nook to enjoy one of the best club sandwiches I've ever eaten. So good in fact, that Michael & I re-visited the bakery/restaurant for lunch today.

After my wonderful lunch, I was whisked off to the pedicure/manicure arena, where I was blessed to have my cracked heels and feet rejuvenated and beautified and colored with my favorite OPI color....chick flick cherry. Now, seriously, doesn't that name just scream Court!?! Except for the hair wrap, this seriously could've been me......I'm in heaven.....

After my pedicure, I was offered Champagne and chocolate-covered strawberries....yum yum!

Then one last addition....a little waxing....man did my "crews" brows need help!

I couldn't believe how wonderful the spa day had been. I also didn't realize how stressed I've been feeling. I walked out of the spa, completely relaxed, rejuvenated and feeling great...I mean...really great! I immediately called Michael and couldn't stop talking about how wonderful it was, every little detail. You could just tell from my hi-speed motor-mouthing that I was in good spirits. It seriously was one of the best gifts I've ever received. I told Michael that future gift buying for me just became really simple.....a day at the Hawaiian Day Spa.

Thanks, Sweets, for the great day of pampering. You truly made it possible for me to feel like a queen in the midst of all that is going on. I love you!

p.s. And after the spa, I went to the hair salon for a cut and highlights....talk about BEAUTIFY ME day :) I'll have to post a picture of that later.

1 Had Something To Say:

Kelly said...

wow. i am so, so jealous! :) i have been needing (okay, maybe it's wanting... ha) a massage for few weeks... but, wow, a full pampered day at the spa sounds wonderful!!