Monday, August 20, 2007

1 for 2....(updated with pics 8/28/07)

Well, 1 of 2 inspections were completed today. Why only one? That's exactly what I want to know. I was diligent in getting these inspections scheduled in PLENTY of time ~ especially when most A/C contractors and plumbers are dealing with emergencies. The A/C guy was supposed to be here at 9am this morning. Not, between the hours of 9am and 5pm...but straight up 9am. Well, I'm not sure what happened, but he never showed up, never called, and didn't return any of my phone calls. So by 10:45, I was looking through the Yellow pages online trying to find an A/C contractor who could come out and check our perfectly working A/C. I called the first contractor listed, got them scheduled for tomorrow between the hours of 9am - 12 noon and best thing yet....they were cheaper by $25! (hey ~ every little bit counts!)

The plumber arrived between the hours of 9am - noon (as promised), called 30 minutes before arriving (as promised) and completed the gas leak tests within the time promised. YAY! We passed! (not that we were worried). One thing crossed off my list! I was in the middle of drying some clothes when he arrived, so we stopped the dryer for the test, as he had to get behind the W&D to test the gas line. After he left, I went back in to start the dryer. Fast forward about an hour...I went to get the towels out of the dryer and was taken aback by the heat permeating from the laundry room....what in the world? Well...when my wonderful plumber pulled the dryer out from the nook and put it back in, he pulled the vent out of the dryer and that would explain the extreme heat, as well as red lint everywhere! UGH!

I have yet to hook up the dryer this evening, as it is a major undertaking of unplugging both the washer and dryer, moving the washer out, then the dryer, then pushing the dryer back in while hoping that the vent stays connected, then put the washer back in. It's a VERY small space! (again, I don't understand why anyone would build a laundry room to fit within inches of a regular sized washer and dryer!)

A few other things checked off my list today:
1. Move everything within 10 feet of the electrical box in the garage.


2. Prepare all the labels to mark what each breaker goes to.
3. Only to find out that once I actually got to the breaker box, all the breakers were already labeled!


HA! That's ok....it certainly beats turning on all electrical things in our house, Michael & I on our cell phones with each other, Michael flipping each breaker and me running around the house trying to figure out which light went out. Actually....that might have been quite fun :)
4. Purchased our double-locked medicine storage. Yes, we have to have all medications under double lock! How in the world do you do that? Well, a friend told me that they used a tool box as their first locked storage and then bought a locked cabinet and put it in their laundry room. We went with the tool box, bought a pad lock for it and then bought a filing cabinet with a lock and placed it in our closet. Works out pretty well, too, since we needed another filing cabinet!
5. Changed the air filters! This isn't part of the inspections but they certainly needed to be done.

I was still hoping to get a few other things marked off my list today, but that's ok....there's always tomorrow! Here's hoping that the A/C guy shows up this time!

p.s. Michael & I had a wonderful time in Hot Springs and took lots of pictures (will upload soon). It was great to just get away and relax. It was hot but beautiful. We definitely want to return...maybe in the fall when it's cooler.

0 Had Something To Say: