Thursday, September 23, 2010

Thoughts....

These were the many thoughts that were going through my mind last night, as I laid in bed ready to fall fast asleep:

*Did I close the garage door after watering the flower beds? ~ Got up and checked. Sure did.

*Did I start the dishwasher? Yes, I did...but did I make sure that the stupid drainy-thingy was turned the right way so that all the water from said dishwasher will flow into the sink, instead of all over my countertops and floor??? ~ Got up and checked. A-Ok.

*Did I put coffee in the coffee maker this time? Instead of just putting water in the compartment and cleaning out the filter, but forgetting to put in the coffee...which made for an interesting morning the day before when my sweet hubs went to make it and only got hot, not so clear, water in his coffee cup. Sorry honey! ~ Oh I better get up and check...ok good. I did remember this time.

*Did I lock the door to the garage after checking to see if garage door was open? Pretty sure I did. Better go and check. Yep.

*Did I put the wet clothes in the dryer? Pretty sure I did NOT. Got up and put wet clothes into dryer. (wondering why I didn't check that when I went to lock the garage door)

*Did I pull out Maggie's clothes for tomorrow? Well, she's asleep so I won't go in and check. If I didn't, then I can just pick out one of the red polo shirts, khaki pants or shorts, underwear and white socks and be on our way.

*But wait, did I go and turn off Maggie's light? Why didn't I check that when I went to the garage and/or when I put the clothes in the dryer?

*I gave Maggie her medicine tonight, didn't I? Yes, I did. I mean, I'm pretty sure that I did. Yes, I did.

*Did I turn the A/C down already? I feel a little warm. It's 11pm and it's usually cold in here by now. But now, I've gotten up 3 times and each time I've walked by the thermostat and it never occurred to me to check the temp. Ugh. Oh well. Will suffer it out (until I wake up in the middle of the night sweating from not turning down the A/C)

*Did I brush my teeth? I know that I took out my contacts but I did that as soon as I got home, so I know I didn't brush my teeth then...and now that I run my tongue over my teeth, I'm fairly certain I did not brush my teeth.

*What will I have for lunch tomorrow? I don't think that I have anything to bring to work tomorrow. Might just have to eat something out.

*What day is it? Ok, it was Wednesday. How do I know that? Because we were able to come straight home from school, instead of stopping off at one of Maggie's therapy sessions. So, tomorrow is Thursday.

*Thursday! Which means the return of Grey's Anatomy & Private Practice ~ man, I sure am glad to have my TV shows back.

*Thursday...I must remember to tell Maggie's play therapist of the challenges she's had this week ~ especially with the temper tantrums.

*Why is she having the tantrums again? What is triggering them? How can we help her? What are we doing differently/wrong? Why can't we just have a calm/easy day? Not going to happen. Not right now anyway.

*She's coughing. Wait. Do I need to get up and give her some cough medicine or is it just a momentary thing? No more coughing. No medicine given.

*Wonder when we will be able to get rid of that monitor? I mean, I'm used to it but sure would be nice to not have to hear MOMMA/DADDY screamed at us at 6am on a Saturday morning.

*Wonder when/if Maggie will ever just lay in her bed and relax, read a book, play with her dolls/stuffed animals and NOT have to be immediately out of her room at the break of dawn?

*Sure would like to be able to sleep in some day. Just one day. Just for an extra hour. Don't see this happening any time soon.

*Sleeping in...hmmm...maybe I should just start by going to sleep first.

*11:32pm....man, 5:10am is going to be here before I know it. Close your eyes, Court. Good night.

1 Had Something To Say:

Jocelyn said...

ohhhhhhhh the giggling i did reading this one! wouldn't it just be nice if there was a volume button for our thoughts... and... MUTE... zzzzzz!