Sunday, September 07, 2008

Prayer

I just wanted to take a minute to ask for your prayers tomorrow. I will be taking Maggie up to the CPS office in Conroe at 1pm for her court-ordered visitation with her biological mother. We are unsure if the mom will even show up or pass her court-required drug test, but we have to assume the visit taking place. We are a bit anxious about this visit, for many reasons, and above all else, would appreciate your prayers for protection over Maggie. These visits are often very traumatic for the child, even when they don't know the parent (as she most likely won't remember her since it's been so long & hasn't spent much time around her at all). The visit will be for an hour and will be supervised by her CPS caseworker, her court appointed advocate and a police officer. So, I know on "paper" she will be protected, but as her Momma, the one who has been her protector the longest, I can't be there to protect her and make sure she's ok. But we can rest in the knowledge that God, our Father, will be there to watch over her and protect her.

There are so many different thoughts running through my mind, but I know that God understands and is present. It's really hard to put into words how I'm feeling....I just have to keep reminding myself that it's just one hour...and when that hour is over, Maggie will come home to her Momma and Daddy who love her to the moon and back!

0 Had Something To Say: