Thursday, May 03, 2007

Faith....

Faith is not conjuring up, through an act of your will, a sense of certainty that something is going to happen. It is recognizing God’s promise as an actual fact, believing that it is true, rejoicing in the knowledge of that truth, and then simply resting because God said it.

Faith turns a promise into prophesy. A promise is contingent upon our cooperation, but when we exercise genuine faith in it, it becomes a prophesy. Then we can move ahead with certainty that it will come to pass, because “God….does not lie.”

God, who does not lie, promised. (Titus 1:2)

I often find myself praying for more faith and then I realize that it is not more faith that I am wanting at all. What I am wanting is my faith to be changed to sight.

Faith does not say “I see this is good for me; therefore God must have sent it.” Instead, faith declares, “God sent it; therefore it must be good for me.”

The Shepherd does not ask of thee
Faith in your faith, but only faith in Him;
And this He meant in saying, “Come to me.”
In light or darkness seek to do His will,
And leave the work of faith to Jesus still.
(author unknown)

Holding His hand more tightly,
Court

0 Had Something To Say: