Wednesday, January 24, 2007

"Though it tarries, wait for it; For it will certainly come, it will not delay." Habakkuk 2:3

Michael and I have been married for 3 years now and looked forward to starting a family as soon as we got married. We embraced the perfection our baby/babies would bring into our lives. Every time I held an infant, I envisioned the day I would hold my own baby, or saw a pregnant women, I would imagine myself pregnant. Instead of a quick conception, we have faced years of infertility.

"They that sow in tears shall reap in joy." Psalm 126:5

Few people understand a woman's emotional need to conceive, carry and nurse a child of her own. And even fewer understand the emotional turmoil that committed couples endure when they discover they cannot conceive. Fewer yet understand the mental anguish (and physical pain for the woman) that the couple faces as they contend with a mirage of tests, procedures and failed attempts to reproduce.

The past 3 years have been filled with a roller coaster of emotions but we now feel led to pursue adoption. We are confident that the Lord is building our family even now, and we are anxious to see just how He does it. Won't you pray with us, as we travel down this new road and start our new journey?

Dear Lord,

I come to you with a heavy heart and a heavy burden for the child I long to have. My arms ache as I long to hold the little one we are asking for. Lord, please help me to be strong as I wait on you. I pray for your perfect will in my life. I know that your will may not be mine, but I surrender my life to you and what you would have for me. I pray for guidance as you direct my paths. Help me to make the right choices as I seek answers. Let me feel your presence with me so that I may know you are still by my side. I need to know that you hear me and that you indeed care. This overwhelming desire for a child that has flooded my heart has become painful. Help me to hear your voice so that I'll know when you answer. I do know that you have abundant blessings for me and that sometimes you answer our prayers in a different way than we would expect. I know you will bring the good out of this circumstance. Help me to remember to always be thankful. You know what's best for me and you see the beginning to the end. Lord, help me to help others. Maybe I can give strength to someone who is even weaker than me. Please be patient with me as I try to endure this heartache. It is so hard to not have emotional ups and downs, but you created the very emotions I am feeling, so I know you understand. I am looking forward in faith for my miracle, my answer to this prayer. I will give you all the glory, honor, and praise for the marvelous works you will perform in my life. I hand it all to you Dear Lord, this load is too heavy to bear.

Waiting on You. Amen.

"Lord, please remember me!" I have been hanging on Hannah's cry in 1st Samuel 1:1-20. However, verse 19 has really stuck...."They arose and worshiped before the Lord...and the Lord remembered her."

1 Had Something To Say:

Anonymous said...

Court ~ I hope you know that I love you and Michael and I am here for you in every way. I will be a sister in prayer, a shoulder to cry on, and an ear to listen to your hurts, pains, frustrations, joys, victories and all that this new journey has in store for you!

I know that not only does God know the desires of your hearts, but He put those desires in you! He has a plan for you and Michael and He will perfect that plan in His time! We just have to remember that His timing is not usually our timing and His ways are DEFINITELY not our ways, but they are ALWAYS better than our ways!

You and Michael will be outstanding parents and I look forward to sharing the journey of not only adoption, but the journey of your parenthood with you! I will clean off my hard-drive in preparation of all of the pictures that I know are forthcoming and I can't wait to see every one of them!

I love you my friend and I am here for you anytime, day or night!

Much love, prayers and support...

Dina