Monday, December 20, 2010

Meeting Santa 2010

Before heading out to meet Santa, I had Maggie "practice" her smiling technique in front of our Christmas tree.  Man, she just looks so grown up now!





For the past 2 years, we've taken Maggie to see Santa at The Woodlands Mall. I always liked him. When I heard that he wasn't coming back this year, I decided to take a chance on a new Santa. So, we headed out to see Santa one Saturday morning right up the street at Vintage Park.  I sure am glad that we did. They had this whole Winter Wonderland scene set up and the kids were able to go and sit with Santa in his sleigh. Maggie just loved her time with Santa and Momma sure was happy to get these 2 great shots.




It was such a beautiful day. So after we finished visiting with Santa, Maggie & I enjoyed the morning playing in the water fountains, running gleefully through the courtyards and just basking in the nice weather.  It really was so therapeutic for my sweet girl. Oh how she loves to be outside.








Making a wish for Santa to bring her a red train (side note here....we hadn't decided how we were going to handle Santa, as Michael & I grew up differently - he celebrated Santa, we did not.  So, we just decided to wait and see how Maggie approached it and go from there.  This was the first year she asked for anything.  We were already done with our Christmas shopping when out of the blue Maggie says - I want Santa to bring me a red train.  Michael & I look at each other in great despair.  A red train?!  Where in the heck did that come from? She's never shown an interest in trains, hasn't read a book or seen a movie about trains, etc...but she was confident that's what she was going to get. We asked her if she was sure and she was confident of her choice. Awesome. But we decided to wait a few days to see if it was brought up again. Sure enough, it was brought up every day for many days.  So, after Maggie made her wish for Santa to bring her a red train, I went home, logged on to amazon.com and got one ordered that afternoon. OH the things we'll do. Of course, you know, it hasn't been mentioned since....but I digress :)




Maggie loves to sing and dance...here she is singing Jingle Bells at the top of her lungs :)


She loved her long, full red dress. She had just asked me to take a picture of her dress while she "tirled' it.

So thankful for a beautiful day spent with my sweet daughter.

1 Had Something To Say:

Jocelyn said...

i just ADORE the Santa pictures... the way she is holding her skirt as she talks to him... PRECIOUS, just precious!! SO glad you guys had such a great day!