Friday, August 13, 2010

Meet the Teacher

Maggie's staying at the same school this year (Northland Christian School) but she is moving up to the Preschool Older 3 year old class. This means a new teacher, a new schedule and uniforms!

Mrs. Salinas has been teaching at NCS for over 20 years and just loves it. You can tell. She first called to introduce herself and we chatted for about 20 minutes. It was nice to be able to do that, and I appreciated her taking the time to do it.

We went to school to meet Mrs. Salinas and to check out Maggie's new classroom. WOW! The room is massive, with so much stuff, I think I was actually overly-stimulated! (ha!) Maggie is in a class with only girls this year. She was the only girl last year, so this will be a big change for her. I think she'll really enjoy it. She always said that the boys were mean :).

We talked to Mrs. Salinas for a while but the one thing that really resonated with me was one statement she made. "I just want you to know that I will be loving your baby every day." Wow. That had to be the best thing she could've said. While I hope Maggie has a wonderful year of learning, gaining confidence, growth, and lots of fun...it does this Momma's heart good to know that the one who will be caring for her every day, is going to be covering her little one with love. I couldn't ask for more than that.


0 Had Something To Say: