Friday, July 23, 2010

A little frustrated.....

I got the report from the speech pathologist in the mail on Wednesday. I was actually shocked to receive it in less than a week, since my last experience with medical records did not go as well (if you recall). I scanned and emailed it to the therapy center we've chosen for Maggie for their review. They reviewed it the very same day (yay!). They called me last night and said that they did not feel that TCH provided a thorough enough evaluation of Maggie and they feel she requires more testing to fully examine all her needs. 

While I was happy to hear that they are so thorough, I was frustrated because basically that evaluation at TCH is worthless (as well as my half day of vacation time that I took to take Maggie down there). Oh well. How are you going to know?

Ok, that's fine. Let's schedule further testing/evaluation. Well, because she's on Medicaid, we have to wait 30 days before another evaluation can be done.  What?! Are you kidding me? That's ridiculous. But that's the system folks. It is what it is. 

So, while I had hoped to get her in earlier and already have a few weeks under the belt before school started, I do feel confident that we have Maggie going to the right therapy center. It's just going to take a little longer than expected. Which is what I should've expected :)


0 Had Something To Say: