Monday, July 19, 2010

De-clutter.....

I'm sure you will all agree with me when I say that we just have WAY TOO MUCH STUFF!  While looking through some old photos the other day, I came across a few of when we first moved into our house 3 years ago.  Man. Talk about organized. spotless. orderly. everything in it's place.  We had moved from a 700 sq foot little house into an 1800 sq foot house, so at the beginning, it looked quite sparce.  Um....not so much anymore. Add 3 years and 1 child later. Enough said!

I've been wanting to clean out things and declutter our house but just haven't had the energy or wanted to make the time for it.  Well, this weekend, I had this sudden urge to just do it.  But I decided to take it one step at a time, instead of my usual way of insisting that it all be done....right now!  So, as the weekend went by, I'd cleaned out this drawer, or that cabinet, this closet, organized this room. I went through every cabinet and drawer in the kitchen.  It's amazing what you find hidden.  You know all the little things that you put somewhere to just get it out of the way or because you're too lazy to go and put it back where it belongs. For instance, (not that I found any of these items in my kitchen or anything...) ~ screwdrivers, wrench, duct tape, measuring tape, broken candles, heating pad, receipts, bills, water gun, doll clothes, crayolas, pictures, art work, stickers, hand lotion, earrings, bracelets, toilet cleaner, dog toys ~ ok, I think I can stop now :) 

Anyhoo....

I was able to go through every cabinet and drawer in my kitchen, including the ever wonderful junk drawer (you know we all have one, or two, or three).  Reorganized the closet that holds all of our cleaning supplies and cleaning tools.  I think I'm covered with the vacuum, regular mop, wet swifter, regular swifter, electric broom....good grief!  I then moved to Maggie's play room.  Seriously, that girl has WAY too much stuff.  Ridiculous.  However, I do have to be very careful about getting rid of things with her, as she still has a hard time adjusting to things being taken from her or discarded.  She was playing with Buddy quite a bit, so it was a little easier to sneak things into the trash bag.  I also went through all of Maggie's clothes and shoes (watch out Sariyah!)

In the end, I threw out 2 bags of trash, have 2 bags for Goodwill and 2 bags for our friend, Sariyah. 

I'm not done but it sure does feel good to declutter!


1 Had Something To Say:

Jocelyn said...

well done! and bring it on!!...cause, you know, we don't have enough clothes from maggie yet!! :) that girl (maggie) seriously must have the world's biggest woredrobe ever!!... and we LOVE her for it!!