Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Before & After

We have been enjoying some beautiful spring weather here in Houston ~ very unusual for us! So, this weekend, we finally got out and worked in the flower beds.

Before............
.....and After......



We planted Jasmine, Hibiscus, Yellow Bells, Lantana, Vincas, Petunias, Zinnias, Verbena, Marigolds, Coleas, Mandevilla, Plumeria, Blue Haze, and Geraniums. (I think that covers it....don't you?!) Yes, we put in quite a bit and we'll be sure to update as it flourishs.

Some might be surprised that I'm a flag junkie, but indeed, it is true! I have the small garden flags, as well as the large "pole" flags, for just about every occasion, holiday and/or season. For those who know me all to well, you won't be surprised to know that every flag is designed by my favorite artist, Mary Engelbreit. Isn't this one just too cute?!



2 Had Something To Say:

Kelly said...

wow! the flower bed looks great! and i have small confession to make... i'm a bit obsessed with mary engelbreit as well. :)

Court said...

Hey Kelly ~ I started collecting ME back in the early 90s (ok - that just totally "aged" me!) and haven't stopped. I'm always finding something that I JUST HAVE TO HAVE! My mom is also a collector and is lucky enough to have a "ME" room!