Saturday, April 14, 2007

The FBI and Quest Diagnostics....

.....two places you don't typically want to spend your Saturday morning with, but Michael & I were happy to do so today.

We arrived at the testing facility to get our fingerprints electronically scanned by the FBI and it was actually quite facinating to have done. They scan all 4 fingers, then your thumb, on each hand. Then they go back and individually roll each finger from one side to the next to see all the "branches" of your prints and verify that each fingerprint still matches what was just previously submitted. After 14 prints and 1 photo, we were both on our way to completing the final 2 tasks of this part of our adoption process.

Then it was off to Quest Diagnostics to get our blood work done. I'm usually the one that phlebotomists don't like to work on ~ collapsed veins, hiding veins, running veins, rolling veins ~ you get the picture. I have learned through all my years of blood work, to tell them what they need to do. Do not attempt my arms ~ you will be unsuccessful. They usually argue with me and tell me that they're the best and they can find veins that no one else can. Today though, I did not have to have the fight. I told her that she just needed to draw the viles of blood from my hand with a butterfly needed. There was no need to check anywhere else. She said - ok. OK?! Really?! You mean you're actually going to listen to me? WOW! What a concept! I was thankful that although the needle in the hand is anything but pleasant, it sure does beat getting poked multiple times as the "best" search out the hiding vein. Michael has no issues with his veins, so in the end, we were in and out of there in no time.

So, that completes the 2 things left on our list for this stage of the adoption process. Now, I just have to mail all this paperwork to Dennis and then we'll get our schedule for PRIDE training. WHOO HOOO!

Now here's to enjoying the rest of our weekend....maybe we'll watch one of the 3 movies we have from Blockbuster!

0 Had Something To Say: